Professionalism and Recognition of the Management Consulting
CIMC strives to enhance the professionalism and recognition of the Management Consulting profession in the Caribbean. We are committed to upholding the ethical and professional standards outlined in our Code of Professional Conduct.
We facilitate our members in attaining the Certified Management Consultant™ (CMC®) credential promoted by the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) www.cmc-global.org. This is the only global professional management consulting designation with recognition in over 47 countries and offered exclusively in the Caribbean region by the CIMC. This global standard for management consultancy has already now been adopted by CARICOM, and will shortly become an ISO standard. The ICMCI was instrumental in developing the the ISO 20700 Standard for consultancy services, and an important complement to the CMC, the international certification for management consultants.
Academic Member Track
The Academic Track is available to address special circumstances and permit certification for individuals in within the academic arena. The basic elements of the Member track are also mandatory for the Academic Track: Completion of Professional Conduct and Ethics Course, Principles and Practices of Management Consulting Course; submission of Engagement Summaries and Oral Assessment. This will ensure that CIMC maintains consistency in its approach. However, the academic track enables the Candidate to draw on material used in your academic programme.
Only the Variations from the Professional Member Track to the Academic Track are outlined below:
- Graduate degree with a professional designation.
- Holding a full-time tenured academic appointment or long-term contract appointment at the rank of Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America) or above, with at least 6 years of experience in course design in management consulting or related discipline and delivery at a recognized university.
- Submission of three ‘consulting engagement summaries’ of consulting projects in which you have been involved, over the past five years. These can include academic research projects (up to 60%).
- Submission of course outlines taught for either academic credit or external executive development on areas contained with the competency framework.
- Student evaluations or other testimonials to the quality of the course material and delivery should also be included.
Suite D, Rendezvous Court,
Christ Church, Barbados, W.I.
Weekdays / 8:00 – 12:00
Saturday & Sunday / Closed